LowellArts has announced a special August concert to raise money for the Rebuild the Lowell Showboat campaign. Their press release with the details is below.
LOWELL, MI, July 21 2017 – Rockin’ for the Lowell Showboat is a fundraiser concert to help “Rebuild the Lowell Showboat” featuring 6 regional music groups. The event will be held on Friday, August 25, 6pm to 10pm on the Lowell Showboat Sizzlin’ Summer Concert stage located at Riverwalk Plaza, 113 Riverwalk, Lowell, MI 49331. Playing back-to-back sets, the bands will include: The Preservers, Josh Rose, Time Hungry, Upstage Crew, and Alive & Well and The Adams Family: Together. The event is free and donations will be accepted for the Showboat fund. There will be concessions, beer and cocktail garden, featuring many of Lowell’s finest eateries and brews.
- At 6:00pm – The Preservers – A talented group of Lowell High School musicians who enjoy writing originals and putting their own spin on classic rock covers.
- At 6:45pm – Josh Rose – A seasoned singer-songwriter boasts an impressive inventory of insightful and personally compelling songs influenced by Springsteen and other rootsy artists.
- At 7:30pm – Time Hungry – A self-proclaimed County Midwestern Rock band – plays original music inspired by late 60’s AM radio. Like their fathers, grandfathers and uncles before them, Dave and Ryder Jones, Mitch McMahon and Rick Seese have performed many times on the Showboat stage.
- At 8:15pm – Upstage Crew – Inspired by 60’s blues revival artists like Peter Green and Charlie Musselwhite as well as West Coast and Chicago blues, influences, Upstage Crew plays throwback blues that are sure to please every blues fan.
- At 9:00pm – Alive & Well and The Adams Family: Together – Alive & Well is a seven-piece dance band, their high energy sound are combined with intricate harmonies. Four dynamic, lead vocalists deliver the best in classic rock/pop from the 60’s to today. The Adams Family presents a crowd-pleasing repertoire that includes everything from folk and Doo-wop through classic rock hits. The Adams Family mines the treasure trove of the 1950’s-60’s music with exceptionally tight vocal, guitar and rhythm arrangements.