Welcome to our events page. If you have an event you would like us to add to the calendar, please send an email to [email protected] with the details. There is no cost to add events to our calendar, however we request at least two week’s notice to ensure the event is published in a timely manner.
- This event has passed.
Maple Syrup Days/Sugar Shack Open House
March 18 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
There’s no better sign that spring is right around the corner when sap starts running through the majestic maple tree. Dairy Discovery is joining with Wittenbach Wege Center, in Lowell, to celebrate with a Maple Syrup Festival.
Start at the Wittenbach Wege Center on March 18th at 9AM. Travel the trails of the WWC and go back in time and learn how maple sap was harvested and processed by both Native Americans and early settlers with the Lowell Historical Museum and WWC Naturalists.
All proceeds support community and summer camp programming.
Breakfast served from 9am – Noon and includes pancakes, maple syrup, maple butter, sausage, orange juice, and coffee!
Cost: $5/per person/kids 5 and under FREE!
Living history on the trail: 9am—1pm
- Pioneer Sugar Bush: at the cabin with the Lowell Historical Museum. Join museum volunteers to experience a pioneer sugar bush with maple snow cones! Learn how to tap a tree, see the evaporator pan over the fire, learn the traditions of the early Michigan sugar bush.
- Native American Sugar Bush: on the trail, join WWC Naturalists. Experience the legends, history, traditions, and games surrounding Native American sugaring.
- On the deck: Learn the science behind of Maple Sugaring with volunteers and WWC Naturalists. See a modern day tapping display. Make a maple tree cookie necklace to remember the day! Maple treats and syrup for available for purchase.
Then, from 11am-2pm, drive over to Dairy Discovery to see maple syrup being processed in real time! Drive with the caravan of cars back to our maple trees, where you’ll see sap being collected in sap buckets or through our modern “lines.” Come into the Sugar Shack and see the equipment we use to boil the sap and produce and package our delicious syrup. Please dress warm and appropriately. Spring also means muddy trails.
At Discovery Dairy:
- Kids can complete a scavenger hunt to receive a goodie bag! Goodie bags located at our Dairy Discovery Specialty Shop.
- Admission to the Dairy Discovery event is FREE!
For more information, visit the following Facebook event pages:
Leave a Reply