We received the following press release from the Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce.
Person of the Year – this prestigious award has been a Chamber function since 1986. The Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce has continued the tradition every year since then. This special award is given out at the Annual Gathering of the Membership February 23, 2022. Recipients qualified for this honor can be nominated by the following guidelines. The nominations are given to the selection committee and our Person of the Year is chosen. The selection committee is comprised of the last 5 years of recipients receiving the Person of the Year Award.
- Over time, the candidate has freely donated considerable time to the community, school district, church, or humanity. This is over and above the demands of their regular profession
- The community is a better place to live because of the efforts of the candidate
- The candidate positively promotes the community in both word and action
- The candidate possesses new and innovative ideas that benefit the community
- The candidate cannot be a Chamber Board/Foundation Board member at the time of nomination
Past Recipients Since 1986
Chris Van Antwerp…King Doyle…Dr. Orville McKay…Ivan Blough…George and Dode Dey…Dr. Robert Reagan…Al Eckman…Ray Quada…Priscillia Lussmyer…Mayor Jim Maatman…Bob Pfaller…Jim Reagan…Marsha Wilcox…John Timpson…Dr. Donald Gerard…Dr. Roger LaWarre…Bert Bleke…Judy Straub…Luanne Kaeb…Jim Doyle…Jim White…Kraig and Jody Haybarker…Ray and Barbara Zandstra…Marj Harding…Betty Yeiter…John Stencel…Dave and Jan Thompson…Joy Smith…Perry and Teresa Beachum…Noel Dean…Greg Canfield…. Rick Seese … Mike Sprenger… Greg Pratt…Betsy Davidson …. Carol Briggs… Mark & Theresa Mundt … Bob & Amanda Rogers … Bruce Doll
If you know someone who is deserving of this honor, please submit in writing your detailed nomination by using the form at this link and mailing to LACC, PO Box 224, Lowell, MI 49331 or email to [email protected] or fax to 897-9101. FIRM Deadline Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Join us for this annual event:
February 23, 2023, at The Fairway of Kent County, 13955 Cascade Rd, 6:30 PM.
Featuring a social hour, salads, soups, sandwiches, sweets, cash bar & entertainment, followed by awards program.
Deadline to Register: February 14, 2023
The Annual Winter Gathering of the Membership is open to the public; tickets are $28 per person. Call the Chamber at 897-9161 to make reservations or register online. Master Card, Visa and Discovery cards are accepted.