The weather is expected to be cool and breezy tomorrow, but you can warm up by taking a walk along Main Street. Thirteen merchants have joined together to offer an inaugural Chocolate Stroll in Lowell.
“Winter is always so cold, and many days we want to stay inside,” explains Martha Davis, owner of clothing boutique Tap House Bo. “All our shops are warm and cozy so come in and join us.”
Participating merchants will be identified with a Hersey’s Kiss icon outside their store. Inside, shoppers will be treated to a bit of chocolate at many locations and special giveaways and deals at others. “[We’re having] a drawing for a $100 gift card and if anyone brings my pregnant wife some chocolate, they will get a ‘sweet’ deal,” says Ken Palcowski, owner of Mi Hometown Furnishings, with an offer that turns the tables on the event’s premise.
Here’s a sampling of some of the specials that will be running during the Chocolate Stroll:
- North Star Antique – 20% off storewide, except already marked sale items.
- Ability Weavers – Drawing for a free “Weave Your Own” class ($45.00 value)
- Red Barn Antiques – Special Stonewall Chocolate treat for the first 45 customers.
- Lennon & Willow – 20% off all day, including clearance items.
- Euphoria Boutique – 30% off all sale items and 15% off accessories.
- Mi Home Furnishings – Drawing for $100 gift card.
Everyone going on the stroll will also be given a card to be punched or signed at each location. Those who get punches from all 13 stops can turn in their card to be entered into a drawing for a gift basket.
“The idea behind the stroll is to shop local and support the town,” Davis says.
The Chocolate Stroll will take place Saturday, February 17th from 12-5pm. For more information, visit the event Facebook page.