We received the following press release from the Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce announcing its annual award recipients.
Person of the Year Award – Jim Hodges
The recipient must demonstrate the following qualities.
- Over time, the candidate has freely donated considerable time to the community, school district, church, or humanity. This is over and above the demands of their regular profession.
- The community is a better place to live because of the efforts of the candidate
- The candidate positively promotes the community in both word and action
- The candidate possesses new and innovative ideas that benefit the community
- The candidate cannot be a Chamber Board/Foundation Board member at the time of nomination
Business Appreciation Award – Culver’s of Lowell
The business must be established and demonstrates the following qualities.
- Outstanding service
- Community investment
- Employment opportunity
- Volunteer service/monetary donations to the Greater Lowell Community
Most Promising New Business – Milo’s Kid’s Consignment
Best Business to Watch – Fish & Finn Outfitters & Consignment
The business must demonstrate the following qualities and be a Chamber member:
- Business must demonstrate the ability to improve the economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
- New business or a new venture of an existing business within the Greater Lowell Community
Brick Award – Rogers Neighborhood Realty
Award is given to Chamber Member(s) who has made a commitment to Greater Lowell Area over the year. A business must be in the Industry/Retail/Service and/or Non-Profit category to be eligible for this award. This award category does not have to be awarded each year.
- Capital investment in their business
- Improving our economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
- Making an investment to grow and further develop their business
- Creating vibrancy within the community
- No consecutive awards
Non-Profit Spotlight – Lowell Light & Power
- Recognizing an outstanding non-profit over the past year
Presented by the Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce, award recipients will be honored at the Annual Gathering of the Membership on Thursday, February 22, 2024, at The Fairway Event & Banquet Center, 13955 Cascade Rd SE. Social hour and cash bar beginning at 6:30 PM, with dinner and awards at 7:30 PM.
The public is invited to join us for an evening filled with camaraderie, networking, and celebration. The cost is $28 per person or $210 table of eight. The deadline to register is February 15, 2024. Learn more at DiscoverLowell.org.