We received the following press release from Dairy Discovery
We are hoofin’ it for Dairy Discovery, a nonprofit focused on providing a personal connection to your food. We are teaching the truth in agriculture and healthy nutrition and no better way to teach about health and nutrition than by getting people to moo’ve their dairy airs.
Join us on May 8th for races through our dairy farm and property trails and local roads. There will be both a 5k and 15k option. All races will begin at 8:30 am, with staggered starts, to help avoid crowding. We are grateful to have Epic Timing here to assist in the packets and timing of both races. Not only will you have a chance to compete with other runners again, but you will also get the best prize of all at the end. Healthy, nutritional chocolate milk to refuel your body after a hearty race, along with other amazing snacks.
Prizes will be available for the top 2 runners in the 18 & under, 19-34, 35-50, and 50 and up age groups. Prizes will include gifts from our very own Specialty Shop and a plush Dairy Discovery cow for 1st place winners.
5k- $30 Registration is until April 24th at midnight. After that, registration will be $40 and will not include a t-shirt.
15k- $40 Registration is until April 24th at midnight. After that, registration will be $50 and will not include a t-shirt.
Costs also includes racing bib, t-shirt, and a dairy fun goody bag.
Other important items to note:
- Packet pick ups will begin at 6:30am Saturday morning.
- Parking will be across the street from the race and registration will occur starting at 6:30am on Saturday morning.
- Strollers are accepted for the 5k only, HOWEVER, the terrain through the fields can be bumpy and rough.
- We do not allow other pets to attend race day, as our focus is on our cows. We hope you will be encouraged by their moo-velous support.
- Drink stations for the 5k will only be at the finish line, 15k will provide 2 drink stations.
For more information or to register, visit the Dairy Discovery website. The event will take place at 12877 – 84th Street in Alto.