The Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce has issued the following press release naming their annual award recipients. Below each recipient is the criteria for each category.
Person of the Year Award – Betsy Davidson
The recipient must demonstrate the following qualities.
• Over time, the candidate has freely donated considerable time to the community, school district, church, or humanity. This is over and above the demands of their regular profession
• The community is a better place to live because of the efforts of the candidate
• The candidate positively promotes the community in both word and action
• The candidate possesses new and innovative ideas that benefit the community
• The candidate cannot be a Chamber Board/Foundation Board member at the time of nomination
Business Appreciation Award – Greenridge Realty
The business must be established and demonstrates the following qualities.
• Outstanding service
• Community investment
• Employment opportunity
• Volunteer service to the Greater Lowell Community
• Potential to improve the economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
• New and/or innovative business ventures to the Greater Lowell Community
• The ability to create excitement within the community
Non-Profit Spotlight – LowellArts
• Recognizing an outstanding non-profit over the past year
• Capital investment in their existing business
• Improving our economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
• Making an investment to grow and further develop their business
• Creating vibrancy within the community
• No consecutive awards
2018 Annual Gathering, February 15, 2018
6:00 PM Social Hour – 6:30 PM Dinner
Deer Run Golf Club, 13955 Cascade Rd
The Annual Winter Gathering of the Membership is open to the public; tickets are $40 per person or $310 for a table of eight. Call the Chamber at 897-9161 to make reservations. Master Card, Visa and Discovery cards are accepted.