We received the following press release from the Rotary Club of Lowell Community Foundation.
Because of generous donations made during 2021, the Rotary Club of Lowell Community Foundation (RCLCF) is excited to announce 4 more renewable scholarships. Applicants must be 2022 high school graduates and live in the boundaries of the Lowell Area School District or attend LHS. Students who are home schooled or in a school of choice program are encouraged to apply.
There are a total of eleven renewable scholarships available:
Renewable 4 Years – $1,000 a Year:
- Hahn / Rotary Club of Lowell Scholarship
- King & Marie Doyle Family Scholarships (Five scholarships)
- Dorothy & Clinton Christoff Family Scholarship – Attending Cornerstone University
- Eva & Lee Lampkin Scholarship
Renewable 3 Years – $500 a Year:
- Jim & Bobbie White Family Scholarship – (Education Degree Focus)
Renewable 2 Years – $500 a Year:
- Donald & Ellura McPherson Scholarship – Attending GRCC (Two scholarships)
Scholarships are centered on the Rotary motto, Service Above Self. Along with an application, students are asked to submit an essay describing their volunteer activities; who was served and how the experiences have impacted their life. They should include all school and non-school service related activities like student government, sports, choir, clubs, church, work, etc.
The RCLCF has awarded over 100 scholarships totaling $293,200 to Lowell area students since being established in 1997. Applications are available at LHS Guidance Office, Lowell & Alto Public Libraries and on the Lowell Rotary Club website in the Home Page Download Files section. Applications must be submitted to the LHS Guidance Office or post-marked by March 18th, 2022.