This news comes to us from the Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce.
Every year, the Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes outstanding people and businesses in our community. The nominations have been made, the nominees evaluated and here are the 2017 award winners! The winners’ names are followed by the criteria by which they were selected.
Lowell Person of the Year Award- Greg Pratt
The recipient must demonstrate the following qualities.
- Over time, the candidate has freely donated considerable time to the community, school district, church, or humanity. This is over and above the demands of their regular profession
- The community is a better place to live because of the efforts of the candidate
- The candidate positively promotes the community in both word and action
- The candidate possesses new and innovative ideas that benefit the community
- The candidate cannot be a Chamber Board/Foundation Board member at the time of nomination
Business Appreciation Award – Arrowhead Golf Course
The business must be established and demonstrates the following qualities
- Outstanding service
- Community investment
- Employment opportunity
- Volunteer service to the Greater Lowell Community
Best Business to Watch – Ability Weavers
Most Promising New Business – New Union Brewery
- Potential to improve the economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
- New and/or innovative business ventures to the Greater Lowell Community
- The ability to create excitement within the community
Non-Profit Spotlight – Impact Church
Recognizing an outstanding non-profit over the past year
Brick Awards- Litehouse, Enwork, Green Acres and LowellArts
- Capital investment in their existing business
- Improving our economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
- Making an investment to grow and further develop their business
- Creating vibrancy within the community
- No consecutive awards
Awards will be formally presented at the Chamber’s winter gathering:
2017 Annual Gathering, February 23, 2017
6:00 PM Social Hour – 6:30 PM Dinner
Deer Run Golf Club, 13955 Cascade Rd, Lowell, MI
The Annual Winter Gathering of the Membership is open to the public; tickets are $40 per person or $310 for a table of eight. Call the Chamber at 897-9161 to make reservations. Master Card, Visa and Discover cards are accepted.